Following a series of recent improvements, parking spaces at both our hospitals are now easily available at most times of the day.
The biggest improvement has been at St Peter’s, where our new barrier system (in outpatients and Abbey Wing) has virtually eliminated the need to queue for spaces.
This means we are no longer asking our patients to arrive early for their appointment in order to find a parking space, and everyone is telling us how much they value this significant improvement.
Parking at St Peter’s Hospital
Barriered car parking (pay on exit) for patients and visitors is located at:
- The front of main outpatients
- Next to our Postgraduate Education Centre
- Alongside A&E and the Rowley Bristow Orthopaedic Centre
- Abbey Wing
Pay and Display car parking for patients and visitors: •Maple Wing at rear of hospital
Disabled parking within our barriered car parking at St Peter’s is chargeable (see rates below). We have FREE disabled spaces located at the side of Abbey Wing, opposite A&E, adjacent to the Stephanie Marks Centre and in our pay and display car park at the rear of the hospital close to our wards in the Duchess of Kent Wing.
For more information on disabled parking, see below.
For any parking queries please contact our Travel Plan Office on: 01932 723675.
On 1st February 2023, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals increased their car parking charges for patients and visitors as part of the annual pricing review. Free parking for the first 20 minutes will continue for visitors who are picking up or dropping off patients and parking remains free for blue badge holders.
|Charges from 1st February 2023
|Up to 20 minutes Drop Off
|Up to 2 hours
|Day rate (over 6 hours)
|Blue badge holder
Lost tickets charged at full daily rate
Blue Badge Holders
As described above, we have a number of disabled parking spaces spread across our hospital sites. These are FREE in our Pay and Display car parks, but chargeable within our Pay on Exit (barriered) car parks, at the normal rates (see above).
All our disabled spaces are located close to the main hospital entrances and signs clearly direct the way for people with a disability. There is access on both sites for wheelchair users.
At St Peter’s there are automatic opening doors on Levels 1 and 2 of the Outpatient Department, at the entrance to the Duchess of Kent Wing and the entrance to Abbey Wing.
At Ashford there are ramps at both the Main Entrance and the Outpatient Department entrances.
Both sites have easy access to lifts.
Car parking concessions
We recognise that for some patients visiting our hospitals regularly car parking costs can be a burden. We therefore offer the following concessions which are applicable at both of our hospital sites:
- Frequent visitors Weekly parking permit – £20.00
- Patients attending Haematology/Oncology Day units Free for period of treatment
- Patients attending long term cardiac rehabilitation clinics Free for period of treatment
- Parents attending our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St Peter’s Hospital Three weekly permit – £20.00
Claiming back parking costs
Patients who are claiming any of the benefits shown below are entitled to claim back their parking costs. This can be done at the main reception desk at both hospitals on production of the appointment letter and proof of eligibility.
- Income Support: patient, partner or children
- Income Based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Jobseekers allowance (JSA)
- Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- Pension Credit – Guarantee Credit
All of the above include children up to the age of 20 years.
Persons falling into the categories below are also eligible to reclaim their car parking charges:
- HC2 or HC3 certificate holders and their dependents
- Care home residents – claimant only
- Asylum seekers under part vi of the Immigration Act 1999
- Children of 16 or 17 of age in care.